Artist of the Month
This a special program used to recognized Victoria Art League members and their artistic creations. It is open to all participating Art League members. The Victoria Art League will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to any work displayed in the gallery.
• The Artist of the month is selected by the 1st Vice President.
• Must be a member of the Victoria Art League.
• Art may be displayed on the four rolling panels, the J & J gallery or the wall above the tile bar depending on the presenter’s preference.
• The space will be available on the first day of the month and should be empty on the last day of the month.
• All aspects of visual art must be acceptable in a community art gallery environment open to the public.
• Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down artwork.
• Display will be maintained in a presentable manner throughout the show. Art work will be framed or gallery wrapped as applicable.
• A special reception to promote the exhibit will be scheduled and coordinated through the 1st Vice President, the Social Chairman and the Artist.
• VAL will promote the artist through the website, Facebook, newsletter, etc.
• The artist is welcome to promote their show through their own means as well.
• Sales of the displayed artwork will be processed using the same guidelines as used for usual gallery sales.