Artist of the Month
This is a special program used to recognize Victoria Art League members and their artistic creations. It is open to all participating Art League members regardless of their level of experience. The Victoria Art League will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to any work displayed in the gallery.
Below are the guidelines:
- Must be a member of the Victoria Art League and have 10 hours of recorded volunteer hours serving VAL in the past six months.
- Art will be displayed on the four rolling panels in the Nichols Gallery.
- The four rolling panels will be available on the first day of the month and should be empty on the last day of the month.
- All aspects of visual art must be acceptable in a community art gallery environment open to the public.
- Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down artwork.
- Display area should be maintained in a presentable manner throughout the show.
- We do not require that all artwork be framed. We do, however, expect that the artwork will be presented in an attractive, artistic manner.
- Artists are encouraged to host a special reception to promote their exhibit at his/her own expense and must be scheduled with the Victoria Art League. Such reception would be the responsibility of the artist and would need to be scheduled with the Victoria Art League.
- VAL will promote the artist through the website, Facebook, newsletter, etc.
- The artist is welcome to add additional promotion of his/her works at their own expense.
- Sales of the displayed artwork will be processed using the same guidelines that are used for all other gallery sales.
August of the Month Artist
Tina Kidder has had a life long interest in art and began Drawing and painting with watercolors at a very early age. She took art in grade school where she developed some skills, but was not able to take formal training full time until after retiring from Victoria College where she taught English and
For the next 15 years she was to enroll at the College taking courses in fundamentals of art, oils,drawing and life drawing, Tina also supplemented these skills by taking numerous
workshops offered by the Victoria Art League and enjoyed displaying her art in many local and regional venues.
She still paints and meets with colleagues at the Victoria Art League Paint-In group when time from many other church and community commitments allows.Subject matters range from landscape, still life's,portraiture,and figure drawing.She paints in most mediums, but oil is her preferred
medium.Tina finds painting rewarding, relaxing, and always meaningful in her life.
The friendship she enjoys with fellow artists is a plus. Her mentors have been many and she is grateful for their influence in her development as an artist.