Artist of the Month
This is a special program used to recognize Victoria Art League members and their artistic creations. It is open to all participating Art League members regardless of their level of experience. The Victoria Art League will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to any work displayed in the gallery.
Below are the guidelines:
- Must be a member of the Victoria Art League and have 10 hours of recorded volunteer hours serving VAL in the past six months.
- Art will be displayed on the four rolling panels in the Nichols Gallery.
- The four rolling panels will be available on the first day of the month and should be empty on the last day of the month.
- All aspects of visual art must be acceptable in a community art gallery environment open to the public.
- Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down artwork.
- Display area should be maintained in a presentable manner throughout the show.
- We do not require that all artwork be framed. We do, however, expect that the artwork will be presented in an attractive, artistic manner.
- Artists are encouraged to host a special reception to promote their exhibit at his/her own expense and must be scheduled with the Victoria Art League. Such reception would be the responsibility of the artist and would need to be scheduled with the Victoria Art League.
- VAL will promote the artist through the website, Facebook, newsletter, etc.
- The artist is welcome to add additional promotion of his/her works at their own expense.
- Sales of the displayed artwork will be processed using the same guidelines that are used for all other gallery sales.
February of the Month Artist
Dave Ludlow is the local acrylic artist and will be featured as the artist of the month at the Victoria Art League, displayed in the main gallery. Dave has traveled all over Central America and has collected over 2,500 colored slides from his travels. Like many artists, he uses photograph to help him get the details of what he would like to pain. His work focuses on architecture and people he has met through his travels.
Come out and enjoy his art starting February 8th.
You may meet the artist on February 10th at 2:00 pm for a brief reception with refreshments at the Victoria Art League Center.