Interested in renting the historical Victoria Art League?
The Victoria Art League venue is a unique and elegant place to rent for private parties, wedding receptions, small banquets or office events. We are located in one of Victoria’s Historical Preservation Buildings, the Thurmond home.
C. L. Thurmond built this brick building in 1898 in the (then) heart of Victoria’s riverfront business district. The building changed hands twice in the early 1900s and has served as a grocery store, a general mercantile store, and a farmer’s cooperative. Generally referred to as the Old Farmer’s Co-op, this complex now houses the Victoria Art League.
Our inside space is over 2,400 square feet with charming hardwood floors and beautiful local art decorating the walls. The design of the gallery represents the New Orleans style bordello with gorgeous details throughout the facility.
There is a 2,178 sq. feet picturesque outdoor patio space that not only has well maintained grounds but also has a covered pavilion for guest.
Click here for an application.
*A $200 reservation fee is required to book an event for 8-hr rental.($100 of fee is refundable if no excessive clean up or no damages are incurred). A 4-hr rental requires a $100 non-refundable reservation fee.
Regular Event Rental (Max) 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
|Gallery (up to 150 guests)||$600|
Small Event Rental (minimum 4-hrs up to 6-hrs)
|Gallery (50 guests)||starting at $125|
|J & J Gallery||$100|
Additional set-up time is $200 fee (day prior to event, 4-hr time frame)
In the event of cancellation MUST be within 14 days to receive refund.
Rentals must be paid in full 30 days prior to the event (small events balance paid on day of event)
Member discount available
For inquiries, call or text: Marc Hinojosa, 361-648-6272
Venue Rental Rules/Terms
- The Victoria Art League Gallery is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted in designated area only.
- No flame candles are allowed inside the building or in the courtyard. Tea lights are permitted.
- Glass containers are allowed but discouraged inside the building or in the courtyard.
- Use of confetti, glitter, etc. is allowed (additional fee added to clean up).
- Linens are not included in rental and all tables and bar must have table covers (responsibility of lessee).
- Spills are not included in clean up and must be attended to by lessee.
- No furniture, fixtures, or equipment is to be damaged or removed from the building. Should any damages or removals occur, the cost of repair/replacement will be charged to the lessee.
- Hanging of banners or party favors is allowed (tape or string only) and must be removed by lessee.
- Receptacle containers and bag liners are provided. Disposal of refuse is the responsibility of lessee into designated container.
- Contained cooking is allowed in courtyard area only (no open fires).
- No pets are allowed on VAL property, with the exception of services animals needed to assist visually or physically impaired individuals.
- All events can start no earlier than 4pm (exceptions for additional fee), but lessee has access to venue at 8am, on the day of event.
- All events must conclude by 12am and the building must be vacated by 1am. Should this curfew be violated, an additional fee will be imposed.